Sunday, October 08, 2006

Quilting Journeys

It's the last day of my holidays, and I am intending to spend it any which way I like, which includes visiting the many craft blogs I have bookmarked. Today I seem to be enamoured with quilts, and there are so many sites out there that are inspiring.

First, I visited Be*Mused and she led me to a wonderful site full of quilting tutorials here. It is a conglomeration of links to tutorials from other quilters, and it looks great! I'm definately going to bookmark it as I journey along my own quilting adventure.

The Purl Bee also had a fantastic link to a historical quilt, called Dear Jane. This quilt was made in 1863! The patterns are available now online. It's amazing how quilts can last so long if cared for properly, and how they give us a link into the lives of people in the past. I'm not experienced or confident enough to try out the pattern, but here is a link to someone who is! They are taking pictures of Emily's efforts on each block.

Other quilting inspiration:
- A bright and happy quilt here.
- Some amazing Crazy Quilting from an Australian quilter.
- A very cool tutorial for Log Cabin Quilts from Dacia Ray

I'm off to enjoy the last day of my holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home