Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hello again!

It has been two months! I could attribute this to the craziness of the time of year, work stress and general life issues, but I think the truth is: to me, blogging has become hard. It's so much easier to be a lurker...look at other's beautiful styled shots and inspiring words. It takes me ages to take photos, then edit them, then get blogger to admit they exist. And they never, ever look good.
However, I did edit some photos I've taken recently of xmas presents - of course, less than half of them because I always forget!
Here's a bag I made for my maid of honour/best friend made from creative little daisy's tutorial:


Another bag I made for my cousin/bridesmaid. This was a work of epic proportions. Sure, it may not look it, but there were months of work into this bag that I made from a pattern for goodness sake! My cousin selected the material, and it was polyester with some stretch to it. I don't sew shiny as a rule, and definately not stretchy shiny (bad experience back when I was getting my sewing stripes). But, you know, she's my cous. So, I bought a pattern and made a test bag. The problem was, I used interfacing that needed to be pre-shrunk (apparently - but I couldn't see any signage!) so the bag shrunk up awfully. I bought some new interfacing and just decided to go for it. Problem was, my cous wanted a zipper. A zipper on shiny, stretchy material. It's like my version of hell! After hours of wrangling, I still hadn't managed to make it work. So, I went down to my local sewing shop with a call for help. After an HOUR there, this is what emerged:



It's not brilliant, but my cousin loved it. See what I mean about the bad photos? Anywho...moving on...


And the photos just keep getting worse huh? Anyway, this is a bracelet for my Nan. It's got magnetic hematite in it so when you wrap it around your wrist, it sticks to itself. It has cute little cat beads on the end because she loves cats.

Speaking of cats...here's my Onyx wearing a very small version of a knitted cotton hat I made for my brother in law (except he's not actually married to my sis in law). Apparently, on xmas day, my neice looked cute in her Dad's hat, so I went to make one 'her size'. It's tiny! It's half the size it needs to be. Perhaps it would fit a newborn, but not a 9 month old. Onyx does look comical in it though!

And to finish off, a photo of the aforementioned neice, in an outfit made completely by me!



Phew. This post took over an hour! I don't know if I have the stamina for this high-powered world!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!!!! blogging can be a chore at times but i figure i will blog about things that my husband probably wont wanna hear but i want to get out... hehe- like a journal... but blogging shouldnt be an obligation to anyone- just a release :) (my opinion)

and girl, your photos are lovely!!! and the items you made are even MORE lovely!!! i suck at photo taking and yours seem better than my usual- hehe!

happy new year and happy crafting!

6:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home