Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Oddities and Weirdness

Ellia from green bean baby tagged me for a "6 Weird things about you" meme; and I must admit I'm at a loss with what to do about the 'rules'. Here they are:

The Rules:Each player of this game starts with "6 weird things about you". Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means.

I have no problem with listing my weirdness for all the world to see - but who to tag? I'm new on the blogging block (well, in this reincarnation anyway) and well, I've always had trouble making friends.

Hence, here is weird thing number one:

1. I am a drama teacher; teaching people how to act, be confident and spontaneous. However, I have hardly any friends because I cannot be confident and spontaneous around other people unless I'm "in character". I can be *intensely* shy, though my students wouldn't believe that.

2. I used to have my eyebrow pierced and for about 9 months, my hair was bright blue.

3. I believe that certain types of plants look debaucherous.

4. I'm deathly afraid of snakes. I literally have panic attacks in long grass sometimes.

5. I wish my grandmother's cat would pass on to the giant kitty litter box in the sky. He is the most *awful* cat - he attacks her, won't let her pet him and is generally the nastiest cat I know. She, however, loves him. He's 14 years old with numerous expensive health issues. I feel bad for wishing he would move on, but I really want her to get a nice cuddly kitten who will love her back.

6. I cannot draw a straight line manually. Even with a ruler.

Okay, so that's just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. The intense shyness has prevailed, and hence, I'm sorry Ellia, this sixth of your tagging will end with me. Thank you for your offer of friendship.

4 Comments:

Blogger BrownPants said...

Ha! my eyes are peeled for debaucherous plants now!

7:23 am  
Blogger SoulCradler said...

Hi E,

I've just been having a look at your blog, as my friend BrownPants sent me over - I'm a teacher too, and she thought I would like your blog, which I do :-)

We seem to have a bit in common...best of luck

2:37 pm  
Blogger Taphophile said...

I've never been brave enough to dye my hair blue - went blonde once but it was a misunderstanding about what *exactly* highlights meant. ;)

6:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very fun info :) thanks for sharing.... there is an irony in being shy and teaching but its fun to see that the shyness hasnt stopped you.... and i had an eyebrow piercing too and bright reddish orange hair... but i took out the ring since i had a tendency to yank at it and eventually it started growing too close to the top skin surface.... hehe

5:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home