Tuesday, February 27, 2007

We recently gave birth...to our first pumpkin! It was an unexpected pregnancy - the vine just sprang up under our stairs. (Even after dutiful years of planting organic seeds and getting nothing!) Considering our over mothering probably killed previous attempts, we adopted a lax approach to our new little one, letting the vine roam where it wanted. And now it's here! Hopefully it will make some delicious soup (0r baked goodness)! (We're a family of cannibals it seems...)

Here is the bag I made this weekend, a plastic coated one! It's pretty cool, though my machine is not a fan of sewing so many layers including 4 layers of plastic. I learnt about walking foots and why they are important. I didn't even know such things existed! It was easier with the generic walking foot, though I hope I can get one that fits my Bernette 60. So far my searches have proved otherwise, but I still hold out hope.


1 Comments:

Blogger BrownPants said...

Congratulations! hehehe, that old saying, the pun....hehehe.
Lovely bag too!

8:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home